Friday, October 3, 2008

Praise God from whom all blessings flow

I was recently watching an episode of Touched by an Angel. There was pending doom and the angel Tess said that we Praise God for the things we understand, but we also need to praise Him for the things we do not understand. I thought of Sister Asp. She is so looking forward to the second coming of Christ. There is a lot of pending doom with that. I picture her looking towards Heaven with open arms and singing praises.

It had a profound affect on me. I thought about all the tough times I have been called upon to endure. Have I praised God for the things I did not understand? I thank Him for all the blessings I have received. I know that I learn from my experiences and grow from them. I think about Joseph Smith when it was told to him that All these things are for his good.

So as I ponder my baby boy going through surgery and then again as an adult and still worry over his health, my second son totalling several cars and the myriad of other accidents he has had and now his tour over seas in the war zone, the worry of one of my daughters in a bad relationship and the pain this has caused her, the heartache of when another daughter calls me on the phone and cannot talk because she is trying to choke back her tears, talking to another daughter on the phone and she tells me she has no place to live and no food for her children, watching another daughter struggle through tough consequences and facing up to them, and lately my youngest daughter dealing with the loss of her baby. There are so many more experiences in our lives. I try to be strong for the children. Then I turn to my husband and rely on him, for I know that Heavenly Father has blessed me with him. He sees my weakness. He has such strength.

I praise God for my husband, for my children, for the good times and the bad times. For the strength to get through our trials and for the hope for a better tomorrow.

Signed, a greatful daughter

6 comments:

purplehaze said...

Wow, that made me choke up! Praise the Lord for he is good. That a thought to ponder for sure. Thanks!

Ruthykins said...

well, i know which one i am in that.

Puphigirl said...

I was trying to decide which one I am.

This morning the General Conference talk by Elder Bednar was on offering prayers of gratitude and praise.

Knowing family and friends and their trials, we want to pray and ask for blessings on their behalf. He offered that we don't always have to ask for things, but to offer praise or gratitude instead.

EmmaP said...

amen. i also like the GC talk about Angels being among us; some earthly, some not, and how we should all try to be a little more "angelic". Reminded me that lately I have felt a little "devlish" instead - hahaha! anyway - thanks for the sentiments! I hope i can find a man as good as dad one day! hugs & smooches!

okeydokeyifine said...

Kyle told me recently that Dad sets a pretty high standard. I know that Dad is good for Me. I just want all of you guys to find the love of your lives and the Right ones for you.

Two people become One couple. Coupled together by love and committment. That sounds like work on both parts. A chain can be broken at the weakest link. We have had to use Spiritual Super Glue more than once.

I truly believe that help is out there for us from "Earthly Angels" and Heavenly Angels.

Down from soap box now...

greenolive said...

Your strenghth has always helped me to be strong. I don't ever have to be afraid because the Lord has always provided. Our faith has been tested and proven. Also, I love your new picture.