Monday, October 20, 2008

Army Boy

Got a call from my Army boy. Actually he is a man. He has a family in Tennessee awaiting his return from overseas. He called just to say hi. He sounds good and is looking forward to being home for Christmas. We will see him the first part of December when we make our Christmas Rounds.

I am so glad that we live in an age of communication. We can call virtually anywhere in the world via land line or cell phone, we can text via e-mail or cell phone, we can e-mail or blog or facebook, etc. When I spoke to him it was so clear, it was as if he was in the next room.

The one piece of communication that is so very old, but still as good as new is prayer. I pray for my children and their families. I communicate my needs, wants, desires and trust that the "lines" are open and the communication will be received and answered. It has worked all my life and I am sure it will continue to work. So glad they are being watched over, no matter where they are. They are a great bunch.

So to my Army Boy I say take care coming home. CUSoon

4 comments:

EmmaP said...

so is this home for good or just a visit? and what about sam & jenny moving to bloomington? and why did i find that out from linda caspar and not them? unless she is confused...

Ruthykins said...

because linda knows all about our family and you are too preoccupied right now. i only found out because samuel called mom's house and she wasn't there, but i was so i talked to him and he told me all about it. oh, mom says he's home for a year and then deployment again.

purplehaze said...

Yes it is wonderful to know with todays techno that we still have the power of pray!

Puphigirl said...

Why did I learn online about Sam & Jenny but not from Sam & Jenny?