Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CPR

I recertified for my CPR yesterday and just have to tell you a few things. The instructor thought he was funny which just spurred me on. He was teasing with other students and making comments throughout the lecture. Of course I am reserved and quiet up to this point. I laugh appropriately to his jokes.

Then, while I was doing the chest compressions on the dummy and counting outloud (100 compressions & the other person doing bag/ internal tube breaths) I was counting 13, 14, and the instructor said "lower" (meaning deeper compressions) but with my sense of humor I dropped my voice an octave and said "15, 16". The instructor did not get it and I did not miss a beat even though I made myself laugh. I pictured Ruth doing the Abbott and Costello routine. You will have to ask her about that.

The other thing was that the instructor asked if anyone had wrist or back injury that would keep them from doing all the compressions, etc. Several students had wrist or back thing, then I said I was old, and before he could comment I said. "old and fat". He said there was nothing he could do about that.

I did the CPR and passed, All 100 compressions and everything. Aren't you so proud. Now who is gonna volunteer so I can show off my skills? No One? okay then. Be that way.

bye, (Lower) BYE

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

wow. have you been getting enough sleep lately?

purplehaze said...

Oh you must have had Stu! He always picks on me and it drives me crazy! Oh I will pass on volunteering thank you very much!!

greenolive said...

I can't believe he didn't think that was funny. Did your partner get it? Some people.