Monday, October 20, 2008

morning sickness

I only had morning sickness once and that was SEVERAL years ago.( I do not add the year because You-know-who might feel old.) I lost 20 pounds and had no energy. Then I asked my mother what to do. She told me to drink white grape juice (for the gentle acid) and eat soda crackers (for the base.) It worked for me.

I also did not brush my teeth until the nausea subsided. And I found that I could eat rice and milk. It was gentle and bland. Just a little sugar added.

Like I said, this was a long time ago and I am sure there are better remedies out there today.
What are your suggestions? What worked for you? Please add them to my comments. Thanks a bunch.

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

why? I know your eggo isn't prego! hahaha! by the time I was pregnant with kienna, i had the least trouble with morning sickness (though I still had to hospitalized once). I think the reason i did much better with her is because i worked a late night shift and would still be eating at 2 in the morning. so, after that i realized if i just ate soemthing high protien (it takes longer to digest) right before bed (yogurt, cheese, pb sandwich) i didn't feel nearly as sick in the morning. And for the record, throwing up white grape juice and saltines burns, so i stopped that combination like on day 2 of 1st pregnancy. it did nothing for me at all. oh - i also like to suck on sweet & sour candy - like sweetarts. something a little tangy with sugar seemed to help too.

Puphigirl said...

My morning sickness was less and less with each child. I found that if I ate right away in the morning I was ok. You've gone 8 hours with out food while sleeping. So after your morning pee, you eat before your stomach acid acts up.

Rhonda said...

I just waited it out and giving birth usually cured it.