Sunday, November 9, 2008

To blog or not to blog...

It really baffles me the things people blog about. I guess it shouldn't. I remember calling my friends to talk for hours regarding the happenings of the day. I even called my mother to discuss the soap operas we had been following. (back in the day when I watched soap operas). We would talk about these people as if they were members of our family.

The shame of it is that we should have been talking about real people, our real family members. And I suppose this is the modern day version of writing letters. But it all seems so unpersonal. Atleast when I called my friends or family, or wrote them letters, it was directed at them in particular. Now when I blog I just put thoughts out there and I am unsure of who is doing the reading.

I find that if I think of a particular person and write my thoughts to them the writing comes much easier. Or I think of giving a talk in church and tend to make it more general. I find it fun to read blogs but do not always give comments or acknowledgements.

So my question to Blog or Not to Blog? I will have to say Blog away. That way people will hear from you and they may blog a response or it may spur them on to do another blog. Communication in any way, shape, or form... It is all good.

5 comments:

Puphigirl said...

I agree. I often don't feel "creative" and don't know what to blog. But if I treat it as a conversation with someone, then it flows better.

Debbie said...

I'm excited to find your blog. A person who is the same age as me. It seems like blogging is for the young. Are we old? My daughter got me blogging cuz she lives in Oklahoma with her husband and my only grandson. I have to say that is has pulled me away from my scrapbooking which makes my family happy, they can actually eat at the table now.

purplehaze said...

Yeah sometimes it is hard to blog and it is so much easier when you have a thought on your mind that you can just write away. Even if no one comments it is written down because maybe that is what I was feeling at the moment and it felt good just to let it out. I am not creative like some people and usually just write about what happen in my family, but I don't think it is a contest so I just figure keep on blogging!

EmmaP said...

sometimes i just need to blog to "get out" the randomness in my head. cheaper than therapy too!

Ruthykins said...

hey, we don't care what you write. i just come to check your blog to see if there is anything new on there. it doesn't even have to make sense or be long or anything, just keep them coming.