Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Parts is parts

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. And the Eyes are the windows of the soul. A woman's hair is her crown of glory. Cold hands/ warm heart. Pretty is as Pretty does.
You have heard some one sing with the voice of an angel. A person can be as quick as a wink and Kind-hearted. A person can have a smile that can light up a room.

Then there is the animal influence: being dog-tired, sly as a fox, quiet as a mouse, messy as a pig, stubborn as a mule, slow as a snail or a tortoise.

And the mineral world: Dumb as a box of rocks or dumber than a doornail.

Or references to items: Neat as a Pin. Slick as a whistle. Has a spare tire or a beer belly. And don't forget Lead Bottom. Couch potato. Abs like a 6 pack. (why is beer belly so different from abs of a six pack?)

Anyway, all these things make me realize that beauty is very subjective. You have heard it said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have just recently heard that beauty is in the eye of the beholdee. We are each a beautiful creation and should think of ourselves as such.

So to all the 10's out there.... Kudos to us! Yeah, that's right. To you, and you, and you there in the corner. To all of us. Now put that smile on and have a great day.

4 comments:

EmmaP said...

2 legs + 2 arms + 2 buns + 2 breasts + 1 face w/all parts + 1 AWESOME PERSONALITY!!! = 10!!!

Yeah - I guess I'm a "10" afterall! Whoo-Hoo!

Puphigirl said...

Now, If I just had Bo Derek's body in the movie 10 and was running on the beach in my gold bathing suit with blonde braids in my hair.

purplehaze said...

That was cute and it did make me smile, but for some strange reason I still got tears in my eyes, Why do you suppose that is hmmm?

Laurie said...

Hi Patty,

I just saw a comment you left on my friend's blog--weird because hers is private. Unless you know Erika in Canada?

Anyhoo, my blog is "That's what she said."

And I'm wearing a smile (and clothes).