Saturday, January 23, 2010

Teach, Testify, Touch lives

We went to a training meeting and Bro. Leatham talked about teaching, testifying, and touching lives of those we teach. What an interesting thought. Sometimes when we teach we know that we are just imparting knowledge. Some times we know that the students or converts, etc are ready to hear our testimony. And then there are times when we actually touch the lives of others and feel we are doing Christ's service.


It is that way in our families as well. We want to teach, testify, and touch the lives of our children and grandchildren. I am hoping I do that. I want to spare them trouble and anguish. I want to keep them from making the same mistakes I did.


So listen to the spirit and follow the promptings. And remember that you too are an example to others.

5 comments:

greenolive said...

An example to other?? Maybe of how not to act. ha ha ha. I'm glad you posted this. I currently don't have a calling and I feel like I'm not doing anything. It's true I can focus on my family now so thanks for helping me realize that.

EmmaP said...

sarah - you got bold there for a sec. whoa! we are constantly teaching... and being watched. But, I think we can teach ourselves too! well, maybe it's more like we're being "open" to learn about ourselves or about Christ. I have little moments all the time and then realize, "Ah-ha! This is like..." Life is full of parables. I like how one reader posted on my blog last week that we can find God in so many unusual places. I think that when we are open to receive (perhaps by praying always, etc) then we can find God in those "unusual places". I would suspect that He teaches in parables as did our Savior. But then -- then by TESTIFYING to others of our experiences we can not only help to bouy each other up, but we can hep ourselves; sort of like a spiritual pulling-us-up-by-our-bootstraps-moment.

anyway -- well said. Teach, Testify, Touch Lives. Just one more reason I love the blogosphere! lol!

greenolive said...

oops, I guess I need to clarify. The beginning of my prior comment was directed at me. In my mind the way it came out was all about me, but when I reread it I saw I didn't write that. So I'm sorry if you thought I meant okeydokeyifine was a bad example. I don't believe that at all. In fact I believe quite the opposite. So incase there is still any confusion, DO NOT follow my example-bad, and DO follow okeydokeyifine's-good.

okeydokeyifine said...

good save green olive

EmmaP said...

ok -- i reread that and I can see how it was meant now. since her last phrase was directed at "YOU"...