Friday, January 8, 2010

SMART

In Relief Society we learned about being SMART when making new year resolutions. My youngest said that SMART meant Spiritual Men Are Rare Treasures. And even though I agree with that I will tell you what the teacher said.
Specific- be specific in making your goal
Measurable- Make it a measurable goal so you can keep track.
Achievable- Make it an achievable goal. One that CAN be obtained.
Relevant- See that it is relevent to you and your situation so that you will want to keep it.
Timely- Set a time frame for the accomplishment, a time limit in which to achieve your goal. See that it is timely in your life.
So there you have it. Be SMART with your resolutions.

4 comments:

Puphigirl said...

I am so SMART. S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T

Ruthykins said...

yeah, it was a good lesson. i still think spiritual men are rare treasures.

greenolive said...

so if one goal is to lose some weight, I need to somehow apply smart to it. I'll have to think about this.

EmmaP said...

my goal is to get a goal... hmm. i shall be thinking about this one.