Saturday, March 27, 2010

You want fries with that?

Little granddaughter was over and she was pretending to be a waitress. She brought her pencil and pad of paper over and asked what I wanted. I told her a hamburger, She said "we're out of that" so I said "chicken" and she scribbled it down. Now since she is only 3 it really was a scribble. Then she asked what else I wanted. I answered "french fries". She echoed "fries" as she scribbled that down. Then she asked what else I wanted. I answered "chocolate mild shake". She scribbled that down. Then she asked what her dolly, which was sitting beside me wanted. I told her "a chocolate milkshake". She echoed " a small chocolate milk shake". Now I had to smile because she processed that since her dolly was small she gets a small shake.
Then she went over by the couch and held out her hands for the order and said "thank you" and brought me my imaginary order.
Then she went over to her mom and asked what she wanted. Her mom started to say what she wanted but then the grand daughter says "we're out of that". Then the mom asks "what do you have?" The grand daighter says she has chicken and the mommy answers that she will take that and the other things she will have. Then the grand daughter walks over to the couch to retreive the order and the mom says "oh, that must be the kitchen". I answered, "yeah, what do you think? these things just appear out of thin air?" We laughed at that. Grand daughter will make a good waitress some day.

5 comments:

Puphigirl said...

Chloe's Kindergarten just did a little restaurant for the other Kindergarten class. They served waffles. Chloe was playing restaurant for a few days afterward too.

greenolive said...

I remember playing restaurant with EJ and Ruth a lot. Fun times.

Ruthykins said...

i remember that too. we made sandwiches for eachother and served them from your white board.

greenolive said...

If you keep encouraging her and then teach your grandson to cook, you could have a restaurant everyday when they're older. Now that would be cool.

EmmaP said...

i'll take me some sweet potato fries. are they out of those?