Monday, April 5, 2010

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

The other day the garage door did not work. It was frustrating. It went up part way and then went down again. I could not get my car out and had to make arrangements to get to work. I tried to respice the wires, no go. I tried to unlatch the automatic latch so I could open it up manually. The latch was hard to pull and it took all my strength. Finally it came down but it made no difference. I was not able to open the door manually. Talk about frustration now. So I had tried everything I know and nothing was working. It had taken me quite a while with the wire work because it was old and brittle and kept breaking as I endeavored to strip it.
So I decided to put the manual latch back into place and then my hubby could look at it when he came home. The stupid latch would not go back into place. Ugh!!!!! I was up and down the ladder several times. I tried to put it in by hand and then by hammer. No go. Double Ugh!!! So I asked myself "why don't you pray about it? you are always asking your hubby that/"
I stopped what I was doing and said a short prayer asking for the strength to put the latch back in place. I took my trusty hammer and climbed the ladder. Voila! Latch went back in to place.
I remember another time I said a 2 word prayer and was immediately helped.
Prayers can be for anything, anytime, anywhere we need help. I pray fully expecting to receive an answer....even if the answer is no. I trust that I am only a "prayer" away from the Father's help.
There are not enough words to express my belief in prayer. The only thing I can say is that with God all things are possible.

2 comments:

EmmaP said...

"respice the wires"??? Do I even wanna know what that means? I really don't want to think about the chance of you getting electrocuted! By the way - I hope you get it fixed so you can open it manually... I mean, what if the power goes out?

okeydokeyifine said...

I meant Resplice. No I did not get even a tingle. And Tim got the door to work by holding the button down all the time the door went up. I has worked since then so it must have Reset it. Thanks for the concern and Dad will rewire the whole thing when he gets back