Sunday, April 25, 2010

Found Her

With the help of my niece and her husband I was able to re-connect with a high school friend. She does not have facebook but her daughter does and I have been following her. Sadly my friend's spouse died of a trucking accident a few years ago. Her mother is still alive and she is enjoying being with her. My friend has children and grandchildren and it will be nice to catch up with her after all these many years.
She was my best friend and she got me through a lot of tough years by just being there and being my friend. I was part of her wedding party and saw her first child as part of her family. Then we lost contact and I have been unable to find her through the years. My moving and her moving did not help very much.
We had a nice long phone conversation. We laughed and just enjoyed the moment. I look forward to visiting her in the near future.
Why don't you reach out and touch someone today. Let your fingers do the walking. It will lighten your spirits..

3 comments:

greenolive said...

Oh, how fun for you. So maybe you need to come out here for a visit.

Puphigirl said...

Do you keep in contact with Foster Boone? Does he have a facebook account?

EmmaP said...

I reached out and touched someone yesterday... tee hee. oh. is that not what you meant??? **blinks eyes**