Saturday, September 13, 2008

No Missed Opportunities

well, I packed my bags wednesday night and had too much stuff for 2 carry on bags, I remember that Sam always says" just check a bag" so I got out the big bag and decided to check it at the airport. I print my tickets on line and look at the flight time which I am sure said 6:55. I set my alarm for 0400 to give me plenty of time but it went off at 0408 instead. No problem, I have lots of time. I showered and dried off and then remembered that I wanted to shave my legs, so back in the shower. I dressed and wanted to take some Aleve before I left the house, so I took a few moments with that. Then I loaded the car and started to drive off when I remembered my cell phone, so back in the garage and house to retrieve that. Then I thought about having to pay to check a bag at the airport so I head off to the bank's drive-through. Got my money and headed off for the airport. I drove 65 mph forgetting that there is a space when you can drive 70 mph. I think about the pending events of the day and several tears fall from my eyes. I know I will miss the opportunity to say good bye one more time to Mary Lenore and will miss helping Ruth and Derek get through the day and will miss helping to dress Mary, well you get it... All the missed opportunities. I get to the airport and take a few minutes to find a Close parking spot. Picked one not close enough to suit me, but not as far as the other openings. And then I go to check in. They ask if I am there for the 9 am flight, I say that I am there for the 6:55 flight.They tell me there is no 6:55 flight, but that it is a 6:15 flight. They tell me that I am too late to check a bag. That they close the bag check in 45 minutes prior take off . I missed it by 7-8 minutes. So...I am rebooked for friday. I called Sam to change all my connecting flights for Hawaii between the islands.Which he did without any grumbling. I guess all these little comedy of errors were made possible so that I could be with R uth & Derek on thursday. Things like this just show me that Heavenly Father is getting us through this every step of the way. No "Missed Opportunities" here for me. I thank a Loving Heavenly Father for all His Loving Kindess.
Love, MOM

2 comments:

Puphigirl said...

The Lord knows where you need to be and will always provide a way.

purplehaze said...

We've talked about this before and this just goes to show you that he didn't want this one missed! God Bless!