Monday, March 9, 2009

My Vacation

We started off our trip by going to Utah for daughter number 1's son's baptism. We checked into the motel on friday and then visited number 2 daughter. On saturday we went to said grandson's baptism. It was very nice. His dad baptized him and confirmed him while Grandad stood in the circle with him along with some friends of their family. Then we had a nice luncheon. At this point I refer you to Puphi's blog.

Now I must tell you that it was MY vacation to Hawaii while my hubby was there WORKING. Too bad for him. We got there on a Sunday afternoon, checked into the motel. We walked the streets to find a restaurant to eat. This was by Waikiki Beach. We ate at a Chinese restaurant and had a really nice meal. Some things were new to us, but they were very good.

On monday hubby and I went to eat breakfast. Then he had to go to work, and it would be a long day since they had a dinner at night. I went to the international market and window shopped for a while. I bought food to eat and then went back to the motel to rest and watch tv. I played solitaire and just rested. I sat out on the terrace and wrote a letter and watched people. Then off again to shop and eat supper. Hubby came back and brought a Lei with him. It was very pretty.

On tuesday we ate breakfast and then he was off again. I rode the shuttle bus to the shopping mall. Big stores that I never shop at in Reno, I window shopped. Then I ate at the food court and rode the shuttle back to the motel. Hubby came early from work and we drove to several beach fronts. A lady at work wanted some sand and a few shells, so we picked up a few. Then we went to eat.

On wednesday hubby went to work and I shopped for real this time. I bought each of the children and grandchildren a little sumpin sumpin. Then I packed for my next trip. Hubby came back and we went out to dinner. Chinese, if you are interested. Then Hubby dropped me off at the airport. I took an overnight flight to Utah. I visited number 2 daughter and helped her with some rearranging of her house. I helped here and there for a few days. Then on Sunday I was off to home again. It was Stake Conference and I made it there just in time. Then I ate lunch with daughter number 3's family. Then I visited daughter number 5. Then I came home to rest.

I just enjoyed doing something different. It was just nice to spend evenings with hubby. I usually don't see him so much. I look forward to the next vacation. I'll go back to work tomorrow and I guess I look forward to that too.

So there it is in a nutshell.

5 comments:

Ruthykins said...

you shoulda said "there it is in a seashell". oh, well, you didn't ask me. by the way, i was thrown off by being called daughter number 5. i guess technically it's true, but i'm used to being called number 7. just different.

greenolive said...

Alright, alright, your vacation beat mine hands down.

Puphigirl said...

Thanks for my sumpin sumpin

purplehaze said...

Glad you had a nice time and I know it was too short! Loved all your funny stories, but than again I always do! Welcome Back!

EmmaP said...

looks like we need to get "daughter #4" out here closer too! it was fun having you here - cant wait for the reunion.