Monday, January 5, 2009

rambunxios children

I think we have a lot of energetic grandchildren. They have great imaginations and this is also what causes a lot of frustration for their parents. We have little children who sing at the top of their lungs, children who throw blocks all over and then won't pick them up, we have children who pilfer candy, children who run and jump and climb, children who throw things in the house, and even children who fight and hit one another.

As they get older they learn to pick things up and to sit quietly, to not call each other names, to not run and jump and climb in the house, not to take things that do not belong to them, and to not hit one another.

They all will grow up and become productive adults. How do I know that? Well their parents ( my children ) were just like them and they grew up pretty nice. I laugh at the funny things they do and I am glad they get along and care about one another. The grandchildren will do th e same thing. I will delight in watching them grow up.

So to that end I will say to all my rambunxious grandchildren, "Quit throwing blocks, Don't run in the house, Pick up those clothes, Don't look at your brother, .... and remember that your parents once were children long ago." That is how they know all your tricks, because they used to do the same things. And you thought they had eyes in the back of their heads or were smart or something. HA!!!!

6 comments:

Ruthykins said...

stop touching me! mo-om, he's touching me.
the other day in a check out line i told andrew to just don't touch anything and the bagger just laughed and said that he's sixteen and he still gets told that.

greenolive said...

As I'm reading this my two little ones are running around in circles chasing each other. I heard of some parents giving their kids Benadryl to calm them down. I haven't done this because I know I'd become addicted to giving it to them. I'll just wait until their energy levels fall naturally before I ever get a break.

purplehaze said...

LOL that is good, but I like the fact that my kids think that I do have eyes in back of my head. They can't figure out how I know what they are doing if I am not looking right at them. They say Mom we can't do anything without you knowing! Yeah I would like them to just keep thinking that!

Laurie said...

Aah, the wisdom that comes with having done it before. Like the fact that my brother Dan noticed my Jake was about to catapult his brownie into his mouth using his spoon. I KNOW Dan did the same thing when he was a little boy. Sometimes I wish I could think more like a little boy, because I never saw the catapult coming.

Puphigirl said...

"This is the line, don't look across it, touch across it, or breathe across it." This is what we were told when fighting in the backseat of the car, especially when complaining the "he's looking at me" or "he's touching me."

EmmaP said...

i know you're not referring to *MY* kids.