Monday, May 31, 2010

It's the small things

My daughter and I recently visited other family members in another state. We had a nice visit and all went well, for the most part.
On the day we were to leave for home it started to snow great big flakes. She did not have a scraper and just as we got a few blocks from home my daughter rolled her window down half way to look for traffic. Then the electric window did not want to go back up. I told her to pull over and try to jiggle the window while using the electic button. She did this a few times but the window would not move.
I told her to use 2 hands to wiggle the window, then use the button. She did but still no go.
I could not think of another thing to do and while I was contemplating this she said, "why don't you pray while I work on this?"
Well, with her faith in the power of prayer I quickly said a silent prayer. I thought about doing the jiggling from the outside. Without saying anything I got out of the car and went to her window. I said to push the button while I jiggled the window. It worked, I got back into the car and buckled up.
Then my daughter asked if I had prayed. I answered I did. She said she wondered because all of a sudden I was jumping out of the car and around to her side.
It was indeed a miracle to me and an answer to pray. I could not think of anything to do differently, but after the prayer I thought of "outside". Why did going outside make a difference? I don't know. All I know is that I got an immediate impression after I prayed. I had faith in her faith in the power of prayer.

3 comments:

Ruthykins said...

well, to me praying was so obvious. it's gotten me found when i was lost. gotten a car to suddenly start running. helped me find missing items. the list goes on and on.

Puphigirl said...

Yay for faith!

EmmaP said...

my window lways "sticks"... my mechanic told me to wait 10 seconds, try, and wait 10 seconds and try, etc. So, mine usuaully goes up a little at a time in 10 secod intervals. annoying. i m grateful, though, that it didn't FREEZE like yours did!