Monday, September 28, 2009

North, to Alaska

I just got back from taking Hubby to airport. He is off to Alaska this week. After that he will go on a trip to Belgium. Chocolates......
I am always glad when he returns from his trips and try to keep the home fires burning. I think it is nice that he knows where I am and what I am doing. Which is usually nothing much. Work, eat, sleep, watch tv.
Mondays are Ruth's laundry day. Plus today she will make applesauce at my house. So it should smell really good. Then the rest of the week I work. Boring, I know.
Not much else happening. We try to have a date outing when he is home. Sometimes it is just going to the store together. But then, remember we are old people so it is okay.
He usually brings home pictures of interesting things. And he will tell a funny or interesting story.
He works hard and I appreciate him. Can't wait to see him again. Till Friday!

7 comments:

greenolive said...

oh man why did you have to mention Belgian chocolate? That would be so much fun to see different places like that. I never asked, does he go to Brussels? I was there once and it was a very interesting place. I've never been to Alaska though. Tell him to bring you back a snowcone. ha ha hs

okeydokeyifine said...

If he went to Brussels all I would get is sprouts, so Belgium is my vote. Really, I have no idea if he has ever detoured. you will have to ask him.

And he can keep the snow cones in Alaska, they would melt on the plane and then it would look like he wet himself.

Puphigirl said...

Can we request Belgian chocolate for Christmas?

greenolive said...

I wanted to bring some dutch apple or butter pecan ice cream with me on the plane to Nevada but I wasn't sure if it would make it or what a suitcase with dry ice would do to my clothes. so I didn't.

EmmaP said...

one of these days i will make it to alaska... and europe. one of these days...

Ruthykins said...

so i talked to okeydokey and explained that brussels is in belgium. her excuse: i don't know my geology.

mrbusdr said...

So here is the story. The plane lands in Brussels. We get picked up by someone from VanHool and taken about 40 miles to the hotel in Antwerp or Lier. Antwerp if the group is larger than 10 and Lier if less than 10. Lier is a small village only about five miles from the VanHool factory. There is a really nice hotel there but it only has 10 rooms. I like to stay in Lier because it is very picturesque and the shops are just a block away. We usually visit Leonidas Chocolates there and get the required chocolate to take home. Mom says I can't come back unless I bring chocolate.