Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Reason I have a cell phone

The other day I received a call from my son who is in the army. His question was, "Did you ever watch Charlie's Angels?" I said that I did many years ago. He wanted to know the name of the middle man between the ladies and Charlie. I told him that the actor's name was David Doyle. He wanted to know the charactor's name, to which I answered, "Bosley". "Bosley", he echoed. That was it. He thanked me and told me he would talk to me later.

And that, my friends, is why I have a cell phone. Just so the kids can call me anytime for any reason. Sometimes they need to leave a voice message, and sometimes they need to give me some time to return a call. But I like it that we have a way to contact one another.

5 comments:

Ruthykins said...

did you know the character of john bosley was named after the actor tom bosley because people thought they looked alike.

EmmaP said...

mostly, only the younger three do that. I will be working in the middle of the day and one of them will call and ask, "what's the name of that song that goes like da-dee-dee-dee....."

and - ya! i am not very patient. i'll try harder to give you time to return the call. And thanks for having a cell phone.

Puphigirl said...

I too get the "name the character, actor or song" questions. I'm just happy that people think I'm that knowledgeable.

greenolive said...

Yes, I'm glad we have the technology that we do. I often have to email or call to get a recipe or some quick info. I do remember talking with a friend once who had lost her mom and she said it's hard when she can't just call to remember something from her childhood. As soon as I got home I called mom right away just to hear her voice.

purplehaze said...

Cell phones are wonderful, how did we live without them!! LOL they are great too if you get stuck somewhere. I don't get calls like that though my oldest hardly ever calls me maybe someday!!